Yesterday, I decided to suspend this theme, as I have decided to throw my support behind ClassicPress. But Murphy’s law bit me in the ass one more time. I received a few notices that there was a problem with Canuck, more specifically that the Category archive and Tag archive pages were showing
<span> tags in the page title.
After investigation I found that there was a change to get_the_archive_title(), in the WordPress core update, that was causing the problem. It was a change that never should have been made, but it was and for those that decide to escape this function for added security, the problem arises.
I had a major update pretty much ready to push when I made the decision to move on to ClassicPress. I found some horrendous problems with sidebars in the latest update (at that time) to the Gutenberg plugin. This was the event that pushed me off the fence I’ve been on for a year or so. Checking it again, it seems they have fixed things so I dusted off the month old update and have fixed the title thingy.
This is a Major Update
- Users will have to make changes to their site
- Users will need to go to Appearance->Customize->Canuck Social and set up their social links, the social menu can now be deleted.
- The Fontawesome font set has been removed and replaced with Fontawesome Icon svg’s. The set has been reduced to 130 font icons.
- Users who are using font icons for service box image headers on the Static Home Page will have to reset them in the settion options
- If the font you want to use is not there select a replacement and contact the theme author to add the font icon you want in the next release.
- Section 14 added, the user now has 2-3 servive box sections available for the home page
- Section 15 added, the user now has 2-4 service box sections available for the home page
- The full list of changes is included with the changelog.txt file included with the theme
Contact me if there are any problems.