As part of the development of the blogBox Theme, I included these shortcodes as an enhancement for the theme. During the theme review process at WordPress.org I was informed that content related shortcodes were not permitted because they tied the user to the theme. So I removed them and put them in a plugin. They should work in any theme so now anyone can download and use them. The plugin offers a number of shortcodes that a can be used to enhance the content of your WordPress site :
- Gradient Buttons – Linkable buttons that look great.
- 3D Buttons – Linkable buttons using the new CSS3 rules.
- Columns – Shortcodes for 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 and 3/4 columns that can be used in a defined width to create a custom column layout.
- Quotes – Quote shortcodes that add a large quote image for your quote, in a left or right sided section, or accross the page.
- Lists – 9 list images that can be nested up to 3 times, that add pizazz to your list items.
- Drop Caps – A nice effect, make the first letter of a section or paragraph a very big size.
- Special Text – Let’s you change the color and size of a section of text.
- Divider Line – Add a divider line between content
- Toggle – You can add content behind a toggle, that will only show when clicked
Some basic examples are shown below. To view more detailed examples go to :
You can emphasize things with Special Text which can be different colors or font size.
Bring attention to a section with a message box:
Quotes and Drop Caps
Honesty is a gift we can give to others. It is also a source of power and an engine of simplicity. Knowing that we will attempt to tell the truth, whatever the circumstances, leaves us with little to prepare for. We can simply be ourselves. In committing to be honest with everyone, we commit to avoiding a wide range of long-term problems, but at the cost of occasional, short-term discomfort. However, the discomfort should not be exaggerated: You can be honest and kind, because your purpose in telling the truth is not to offend people: You simply want them to have the information you have, and would want to have if you were in their position. – Harris, Sam (2011-09-13). Lying (Kindle Single) (Kindle Locations 97-102). . Kindle Edition.
Create a cool link button for those special links:
This section was set up in a one_half column width.
Spice up your lists with a little Content Pizazz :
- 9 different list icons
- up to three nest levels
- Different list icon for each level
- Another important Point
This section was set up in a one_half column width
3D Buttons offer an alternative to the gradient button, offering full color control, and an in-line option:blogBox Demo
Vist the site to see details for the Testimonial Basics Plugin
Download the Content Pizazz Plugin
Fill in your name and e-mail address below.
Click the send Button and a download link will appear.