Testimonial Basics 4.1.2 has just been released. It is a major update and offers a number of new features and changes.
- Backup and Restore – you can now backup and restore your testimonials, check out the new panel in the Testimonial Admin section
- New Content Layout – a side meta option is now included as an optional layout
- Widget Layouts – there are new options to place the meta and gravatar above or below the testimonial, and to either have the meta beside the gravatar or centered under the gravatar
- Layout Overrides – you can override the default layout in the shortcode or widget, and select the layout you want, giving you the flexibility to use any layout you want anywhere you want
- Schema Overrides – You can turn the schema on or off in the shortcode or widget, which helps on pages where more then one testimonial display system is being used
- Rounded corners and box shadow are gone – you may not think this is an improvement, but I decided to crate a new look and simplify things with square backgrounds
- Round Avatars – You can now optionally select round avatars
- Excerpts – a new, much improved filter is being used for excerpts which is word based, so you will have to reset your word count in the options menu
- CSS Improved – I have attempted to simplify and hopefully improve the css for the plugin so if any problems crop up let me know and I will help you out.
- Schema – Forced YYYY-MM-DD date format when using schema, this was causing Google structured data errors
- Fixed database iussues – some users were experiencing database conflicts that arose from skipping updates
- Edit Testimonials panel – changed testimonial display.
- hatom feed – added this markup to all testimonials
- Ratings – if a user has not rated a testimonial or rated it 0, then the stars will not show at all, minimum rating is now 0.5
- Ratings – fixed rating dropdown list from showing 0.0 twice